Winrock is seeking highly-qualified candidates for the position of Market-Driven Nutrition Director for an anticipated program. The program will focus on linking agriculture with nutrition, with an emphasis on market incentives for improved nutritional outcomes.
The Market-Driven Nutrition Director will assist in technical leadership and management of the project, provide expertise around the integration of food systems frameworks, value chain development and strengthening and market-based incentives that result in improved nutrition. These functions will be done in coordination with the Winrock home office, including Accounting, Contracts, Procurement, and other departments.
- Provide thought leadership and technical direction in approaches to integrate nutrition into agriculture, market systems, and policy programs to ensure food security, build resilience, and empower people and communities.
- Contribute to organization, country, and regional-wide learning and knowledge management on best practices, lessons learned in creating pathways for improving nutrition for people and communities-including empowering women, strengthening food systems, and increasing incomes. Build knowledge management collateral to facilitate sharing of documentation and learning on research and approaches to nutrition-sensitive agriculture
- Work with cross-sectional, country, and regional team to adapt, scale, and disseminate successful approaches to integrating nutrition outcomes and methodologies in economic growth, resiliency, and food-security interventions.
- Identify, develop and nurture alliances with private sector actors, multi-national companies, and investors that can play a leadership role in championing and scaling private-sector led models for nutrition messaging, nutrition integration, and improving delivery of nutrition services and commodities to communities.
- Design and promote best practices in behavior change communications as it relates to integrating nutrition messaging and training in agricultural interventions.
- Assist and advise USAID missions to inform program design and build capacity to integrate market-driven nutritional work in food security programming. Market this assistance to Missions and implementing partners.
- Assist the COP and other team members in program strategic planning to ensure that individual program components and activities contribute optimally to the program's overall objectives.
- Inform Winrock International strategic direction and programming on nutrition sensitive agriculture.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Advanced academic degree in agriculture, agriculture economics, business, public administration, natural resource management, or other relevant field. Master's degree preferred.
- 15 or more years implementing integrated agriculture and nutrition programming.
- Five or more years' experience in a senior technical leadership position providing director, advisory support and capacity building to multi-sectoral teams in the area of nutrition-sensitive agriculture.
- Experience in a managerial or leadership position on regional or global donor-funded initiatives, preferably in the nutrition, health, and or agriculture spheres.
- Overseas experience, preferably as a Senior Technical Lead or Director on integrated health, nutrition and agriculture programs.
- Proven experience integrating the private sector into project activities.
- Significant knowledge of global agriculture and nutrition sector and food security concerns.
- Strong management and leadership skills including cultural and gender sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience with word-processing, spreadsheet and database programs and functions;
- Strong skills in managing complex institutional relationships and interactions among a wide variety of entities.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills are required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org