Abt Associates seeks applications for Gender and Youth Expert to serve on the USAID-funded Agriculture Partnership Hub, an anticipated five-year project beginning in mid-2022 based in Phnom Penh.
The purpose of the project is to promote diversification within Cambodia’s agricultural sector through targeted private sector partnerships that have the potential to link with new markets, create jobs for Cambodians, and improve livelihoods. The Gender and Youth Expert will serve as a member of the project’s core management team.
- Contribute to defining the project’s overall technical approach, drafting annual work plans, and implementing an integrated set of activities to achieve project goals in a way that will expand economic opportunities for women and youth;
- Work with project staff responsible for each sub-intermediate result to tailor project activities to ensure and enhance the involvement of women and youth. Activities will cover areas including private sector financing and investment, strengthening the capacity of agriculture market actors, access to markets, and use of technology;
- Work with project staff to identify and design activities specifically targeting women and youth, with the aim of helping women and youth generate income through employment and/or entrepreneurship, including in climate-smart agriculture;
- Collaborate with the project’s M&E staff to collect and analyze data for monitoring, learning, and reporting;
- Ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget;
- Foster a culture of achievement, innovation, and adaptability on the team and among partners.
- Advanced degree in gender and/or youth development studies, agriculture and rural development, business administration, or similar field;
- At least seven years of professional experience in gender or youth development, livelihood development, SME development, or agricultural development;
- Experience identifying opportunities and barriers related to expanding economic opportunities for and increasing the incomes of women and youth in the agriculture sector, including through the use of technology;
- Track record defining and managing activities that expanded income for women and youth;
- Experience working with teams to integrate gender or youth issues into their program activities;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and independently;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as experience supervising others;
- Fluency in English is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org