WOW is an upcoming DFID funded programme that will work to improve women’s economic opportunities through business interventions in supply chains. It has three specific targets a) improving women’s access to higher- return and higher productivity jobs and roles within supply chains, whilst also improving working conditions for women b) improve global knowledge on women’s economic contribution, c) contribute to improved global knowledge on how to deliver results for women and girls through economic development interventions. It is a 5 year, multi country programme with a 6-month inception phase.
We are looking for a range of mid to senior Women’s Economic Empowerment experts with private sector, value chain and leadership experience. Candidates will have the following experience:
• Experience working with the private sector to develop partnerships, building networks with business
• Strong understanding of challenges faced by women in the labour market in developing countries, and ability to incorporate results for women and girls into economic development
• Experience working with private sector to design interventions with demonstrable experience delivering interventions through supply chains
• Prior management of teams and budgets
• Desirable, experience working on DFID funded programme
• Excellent understanding of supply chains and value chain mapping
• Experience working with corporate partners, building relationships and managing interventions
• Demonstrated understanding of gender programming and challenges faced by women in the work place across multiple developing contexts
• Ability to undertake complex research, collecting and communicating data clearly
• Ability to test and develop data gathering methods for mapping of where women work in supply chains.
• Masters or advanced degree in development, economics or gender related field.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*