Winrock is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated $20 million USDA-funded McGovern Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition program in Nepal. The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for implementing a high-quality, results-oriented program focused on increasing literacy and quality education; reducing hunger and improving nutrition among primary school-aged students (especially girls), pregnant and lactating women, and children under five years old in Nepal. The Deputy Chief of Party will help oversee the school feeding program, literacy and teacher training activities, as well as work to strengthen local communities and government capacity to maintain a school feeding program. In addition to concentrating on the production, procurement, storage and administration of nutritional resources, this project will include WASH, maternal health, nutritional education and more.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party in management of the technical components, providing programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports, focusing on synergistic coordination of all technical areas.
- Communicate and coordinate with program staff on technical and administrative issues, project implementation, work plans, and budgets.
- Advise national counterparts on technical discussions on food security and education with USDA, the Government of Nepal, other USG and donor projects, and other stakeholders
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Develop and modify as necessary the technical work plans and budget.
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and closely collaborate with key staff on implementing activities.
- Ensure technical compliance with Winrock policies and principles and USDA rules and regulations.
- Focus on achieving results in all areas on schedule and maintain positive relationships with USDA, Nepalese officials, partners, and implementing partners.
Qualifications and background:
- Education: Advanced degree required in Education, Food Safety or other relevant fields of study related to the project
- At least 10 years of experience in donor-funded project management with demonstrated technical understanding of facilitating expanded food security and education projects, managerial experience in Asia is highly desirable
- At least 5 years' experience in project management, either as COP, DCOP, or in comparable senior management role.
- Experience with development of government ministries and ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with senior officials.
- Strong staff management and coordination skills.
- Experience working in Nepal preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Proven expertise in delivering technical presentations preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Financial management skills and experience.
- Sound knowledge of international donor contracts, financial and accounting regulations and procedures, particularly USAID and USDA contract regulations.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org