The ProVeg Program Manager/Officer will work closely with the Managing Director – Asia to initiate and deliver meaningful campaigns with thoughtful planning and budgeting with the support from the international team. In addition, the role will include developing reports and processes for governance.
Job title: ProVeg Asia Program Manager/Officer
Reports to: Managing Director, Asia
Location: Home-based, Shanghai.
Hours: 20-40 hours per week
Annual FTE salary: TBC
- Developing and implementing campaigns and events to promote plant-based eating and enhance the position of plant-based foods and other alternatives to animal products
- Managing reporting, compliance and the governance of a ProVeg-affiliated INGO in China, including
- the development of annual goals, quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) and project plans in Asia
- annual budget planning and contributing to the management reports, as well as grant funding management and reporting
- Cultivate and expand positive relationships with stakeholders including government, corporations, academia, other non-profits and funders
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team to assess impact and continually improve interventions to increase effectiveness
- University degree in the fields of marketing, food, or health & nutrition and experience in the food industry is preferred
- Interest in and concern for animals, the environment, public health and just food transitions towards more plant-based diets.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin Chinese (Native level) and English (Fluent).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in mainland China.
- Being based out of Shanghai, and, where necessary, travel within China and occasionally to Europe/USA
- Ability to create and implement strategies and manage change effectively
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and seniority levels
- Experience of effectively working remotely and in remote teams located across the globe.
- Confident in Google Workspace, project management software and similar digital productivity tools
Further information about ProVeg Asia Programme
ProVeg International launched the ProVeg China programme in 2018. Plant-based eating in China has been limited to a small number of people who have shifted their diets in response to the global issues of health and environmental protection and so the establishment of a ProVeg team in the world’s most populous country represented a huge opportunity. In a short space of time, ProVeg China has strengthened its relationships with key influencers in the mainstream Chinese food industry, including manufacturers and scientists, and is actively participating in building a new future for sustainable development in the region. At the beginning of 2020, in collaboration with Shanghai Society of Food Science, ProVeg China launched the ‘Plant-Based Food Innovation Contest’ in Shanghai, the first of its kind in the world. The contest attracted around +250 students from leading universities, who were coached and mentored by industry experts, including Danone, Beyond Meat, Ferrero and Oatly. The contest has been launched at a time when the plant-based meat market in China is growing steadily, and at a faster rate than GDP growth, and has continued into 2021 with an expansion of the contest to South East Asian students, universities and companies.
We are developing and implementing exciting new food innovation programs and events in China and SouthEast Asia. Due to the growth, we now require program and operation support. You will contribute and support initiatives that underpin our success in Asia.
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements (20-40 hours/week) and home office arrangements.
- A strong focus on personal development, with a designated training budget.
- Mindfulness Program.
- We are a workplace that encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are an inclusive workplace for our diverse employees around the world.
- And last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet!
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org