Women’s March Global’s Director of Global Community will be responsible for liaising and collaborating with a growing team of local Chapters and Chapter Ambassadors. You will develop and execute our community organizing strategy, in order to expand our grassroots infrastructure and deepen our movement's political power over time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage, coach, and collaborate with our Global Community leadership team, and with all Women’s March Global Chapters and Chapter Ambassadors.
● Provide support to our community members and Chapters as needed.
● Represent the community and chapter’s needs internally.
● Support bridget building and collaboration across chapters, filed leadership and HQ.
● Develop and execute grassroots recruitment, retention, and mobilization strategies.
● Identify, manage, and execute major events and actions, to maintain responsiveness in the Global community, in partnership with Chapter Ambassadors.
● Develop local, intersectional partnerships within local regions that build grassroots power.
● Contribute to shaping our organizational vision and culture, to promote the voice of the global network.
● Work with the web team to ensure that the community and Chapters receive the opportunity to provide input, be heard, and see their needs and voices represented online.
● Work with the Editorial and Communications Director to ensure the community’s strategy and needs are being heard and represented at all times.
● Work with the web team to pre-populate and launch the Women’s March Global platform
● You’re a fantastic candidate for this role if you have most or all of the following characteristics and qualities.
● Natural people skills, with the ability to foster trust and mentor others.
● Strong collaboration skills.
● Respect and sensitivity for all cultures and perspectives.
● Political awareness, with a global mindset.
● Ability to take ownership and initiative in everything you do, with an understanding of how to work on a diverse global team.
● Ability to thrive on major organizing challenges while remaining enthusiastic about optimizing procedures to learn from mistakes.
● Ability to act attention to metrics and outcomes.
● Strong persuasive writing and speaking skills.
● The ability to travel globally
● Eagerness to help shape a stronger and more intentional culture of impact.
● Experience conceiving, planning and/or executing nonviolent direct action.
● Experience conducting issue advocacy globally
● Project management experience.
● Experience working closely with communities impacted by state-sponsored violence, from Indigenous communities to LGBTQIA+ to refugees
● Relationships with grassroots campaigning and activist groups on related issues (foreign policy, economic justice, climate justice, peace and security).
● Experience managing remote and/or international staff.
● Strong background in all aspects of 21st century grassroots organizing and mobilizing, with experience working in leadership-oriented positions.
● Experience managing and coaching staff to hit ambitious goals, while helping others develop their skills.
● Expertise with recruitment strategies to grow the global community, especially in underrepresented areas of the world.
● Strong relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced work environment, staying calm and upbeat while working under pressure and with tight deadlines.
● A commitment to integrity, inclusion, compassion, and upholding our unity principles.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org