Friends of UNFPA promotes the health, dignity, and rights of women and girls around the world by supporting the lifesaving work of UNFPA, the United Nations reproductive health and rights agency, through education, advocacy, and fundraising.
UNFPA is the lead United Nations agency for reproductive health and rights for all. Working in over 155 countries, UNFPA works to end the unmet need for family planning, to end preventable maternal deaths, and to end violence and harmful practices against women and girls.
Social Media Associate:
The Social Media Associate will report directly to the Director of Communications and will execute the organization’s communications strategy via social media platforms. They will work closely with the Director of Communications, the Communications Associate, and will coordinate with the entire Friends of UNFPA team in achieving communications goals. The candidate will require design skills in order to enhance our social media work. The position will also involve the coordination and curation of visual assets obtained from UNFPA and UNFPA Country Offices.
- Assist the communications department in planning and implementing the communications strategy for Friends of UNFPA. Attend regular meetings to coordinate the communications calendar and strategize on marketing and communications plans.
- Manage all social media accounts on a daily basis, including posting and engaging with supporters. Work with the communications department and all Friends of UNFPA staff to ensure current campaigns are reflected in social media content.
- Design images and edit video content to enhance social media and website content.
- Create social media content to elevate the profile of Friends of UNFPA and to increase website traffic and conversions.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, platforms, and strategy. Report on those trends to the Director. Make recommendations regarding new and emerging social media platforms, and establishing new platforms when agreed.
- Stay up to date on messaging and relevant news articles for use on social media.
- Work with the Director and the Communications Associate to ensure synergy of branding and messaging across all social media platforms.
- Curate and coordinate all visual assets throughout the organization as well as with outside vendors, which includes obtaining visual assets from UNFPA colleagues and distributing them.
- Assist with tasks minor tasks in wordpress such as creating new pages for content
- Bachelors Degree
- Two to three years of related or applicable experience
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Interest in creative communications
- Skilled in design applications such as photoshop and InDesign
- Creative and innovative thinker
- A keen eye for quality photography and other visual content
- Ability to multi-task, work in fast paced team environment, and prioritize deliverables
- Strong organizational, reporting, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interest in women’s rights, reproductive health and rights and/or international affairs preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player with excellent follow-through, time management, attention to detail and humor
To apply, send resume, cover letter, one writing sample, and design samples to [email protected].
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org