Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment — political and financial — in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
This position will serve as a liaison, project manager, and coordinator for Women Deliver’s engagement in the Generation Equality Forum and work alongside the Managing Director of Policy and Advocacy and the Senior Manager of Policy and Advocacy on decision-maker outreach. This person will also support Women Deliver’s campaign to recognize the 25th Anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action and accelerate bigger, bolder commitments and action for gender equality and women’s rights; as well as Women Deliver’s engagement in the 2021 Commission on the Status of Women.
This position will serve as the organization’s internal focal point for the Generation Equality Forum, working to implement and update a cross-team, whole-of-organization work plan; keeping a pulse on and engaging in civil society and other networks around the Generation Equality Forum; and serving as an internal resource for monitoring, information sharing, and knowledge management. This position will also serve as a focal point for successful implementation of two grants connected to Women Deliver’s engagement in the Generation Equality Forum, including making sure deliverables are on track. This includes managing grant-related projects and deliverables linked to Women Deliver’s General Policy and Advocacy Team, including the development and dissemination of advocacy tools and bilateral advocacy with governments and the private sector. In all these responsibilities, the position will be supported by the Managing Director, Policy and Advocacy.
The selected candidate will have strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage up and across to ensure that timelines and deliverables are on track and on target. The candidate will also have deep knowledge of and exposure to civil society and other networks for gender equality advocacy and a demonstrated ability to externally engage across sectors to build partnerships and collaboration opportunities for shared goals and objectives. Strong internal and external communication skills are also required.
The position will report to the Senior Manager, General Policy & Advocacy and the Managing Director of Policy & Advocacy.
- Overarching internal coordination and project management of Women Deliver’s engagement in the Generation Equality Forum
- Management and implementation, including adjustments as needed, of Women Deliver’s cross-team, whole of organization work plan for Generation Equality.
- To include working with Women Deliver teams to pivot the work plan, as needed, due to predicted or unforeseen changes, including those related to travel or other restrictions/changes due to COVID-19.
- Budgeting related to Generation Equality work plan, as needed.
- Leading and developing strategies for regular coordination and information sharing across Women Deliver to promote team integration on Generation Equality and ensure a whole-of-organization approach/perspective to priorities and engagements.
- Coordination with the Women Deliver Focal points who are supporting various Generation Equality Action Coalitions (e.g. Bodily Autonomy and SRHR, Economic Justice and Rights, and Climate Action).
- Management of Women Deliver engagement in Generation Equality Forum events, convenings, and major moments
- Management, coordination, and implementation of cross-team strategies and work plans for events, convenings, and major moments related to the Generation Equality Forum, including the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) [March 2021], and the Mexico City and Paris Generation Equality Forums [TBD 2021], as well as auxiliary events (TBD). This includes cross-time information sharing, coordination, and alignment.
- Monitoring, engagement in, and information sharing on new and other opportunities to advance Women Deliver’s advocacy priorities related to the Generation Equality Forum.
- Support and project management for Women Deliver’s bilateral advocacy for the Generation Equality Forum
- Project management and coordination of Women Deliver’s bilateral advocacy strategy, including successful execution and reporting on grant deliverables related bilateral around the Generation Equality Forum. This will include close coordination and alignment with the Managing Director of Policy and Advocacy as well as across teams at Women Deliver, including the following teams--Research, Deliver for Good, Humanitarian, External Relations, Office of the President, Youth, and Communications.
- Project management and coordination of Women Deliver’s bilateral advocacy to select national governments, including but not limited to the development and adaptation of briefing and policy memos; alignment and coordination with local civil society as needed; assistance in the coordination, scheduling, and preparations for bilateral meetings; and management of follow-up activities. This might also include developing and executing events and dialogues to engage governments and civil society in Generation Equality.
- Project management and coordination of Women Deliver’s bilateral advocacy to select private sector institutions, including but not limited to the development and adaptation of target lists; development and adaptation of briefing and policy memos; alignment and coordination with other stakeholders advancing private sector engagement in Generation Equality; assistance in the coordination, scheduling, and preparations for bilateral meetings; and management of follow-up activities. This might also include developing and executing events and dialogues to engage the private sector in Generation Equality.
- Support and project management for Women Deliver’s Generation Equality microsite and event management
- In conjunction with the Communications Team focal point, Project management and coordination of Women Deliver’s Generation Equality microsite, including developing and executing strategies and work plans for continued updates for relevance and targeted dissemination. This might also include developing and executing events and dialogues (virtual or in-person) with civil society and other stakeholders to guide and inform their use of the advocacy tool to support bigger, bolder commitments and action for Generation Equality.
- External engagement with CSO and stakeholder groups
- In consultation with the Managing Director of Policy and Advocacy, serve as a focal point with select civil society groups and other stakeholders connected to Generation Equality. Responsibilities to include regular participation in meetings, information sharing, and connecting new information/developments to Women Deliver’s Generation Equality work plan, and leveraging networks to both advance Women Deliver’s advocacy priorities and support partners engaging in Generation Equality.
- In consultation with the Managing Director of Policy and Advocacy and the Women Deliver focal points for the Action Coalitions, monitor and advance strategies for Women Deliver’s participation in Generation Equality Action Coalitions.
- Assist in donor communication, reporting, and management related to Generation Equality
- In conjunction with the External Relations team, participate in regular programmatic updates to donors and partners related to Women Deliver’s role in Generation Equality, including our implementation and monitoring of Generation Equality related grant deliverables. Responsibilities might include coordination of and/or participation in P&A team updates to donors, grant progress reports, and monitoring and evaluation of grant deliverables.
- Event management (as needed)
- Management of the conceptualization and execution of Generation Equality-related events, as needed. This could include working with vendors, developing event concepts/programs/runs of shows, prep and briefing documents, and budgeting management/tracking.
- Other organizational priorities around Generation Equality as they develop.
- BA/BS required in related field such as public health, international relations, gender studies, political science, or human rights.
- 3+ years of experience in an NGO, UN agency, or similar organization.
- Expertise in and passion for advocacy and/or communications for gender equality.
- Strong organization and project management skills, including work plan development, review, and oversight, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently.
- Experience with monitoring, evaluation, and learning for advocacy preferred.
- Experience and comfort engaging with international development community coalitions and networks and interacting with advocacy partners in civil society, government, multilateral institutions, and the private sector.
- Strong interpersonal and internal/external communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to consistently delivering excellent quality work.
- Strong event management experience.
- Strong experience working on policy briefs and advocacy tools.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy to ensure productive partnerships.
- Ability to travel within the US internationally.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org