We are looking for a Fundraising Consultant with an excellent track record to help us identify, develop, and deliver high-quality grant proposals and secure grants and other funds from diverse sources, such as institutional donors; governments, regional organizations, and international organizations; corporate sponsors; and individuals. PEARL is expanding its program teams (Research, Legal, and Advocacy Teams), which requires substantial additional funding in order to implement our key projects through 2023. These projects support PEARL’s strategic goals to monitor and document ongoing human rights violations against the Tamil people; achieve justice for Sri Lanka’s mass atrocities against the Tamil people; and ensure the inclusion of Tamil perspectives by international stakeholders; governments, regional organizations, and international organizations; corporate sponsors; and individuals.
PEARL is 501(c)(3) non-profit organization led by Tamil human rights activists concerned about the situation in Sri Lanka. PEARL influences foreign policy through field and legal research, reporting, and advocacy. PEARL is committed to achieving justice for wartime atrocities and self-determination for the Tamil people on the island of Sri Lanka.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Fundraising Consultant to help develop and implement a robust, diverse Fundraising Strategy through December 2021.
- Line Manager: Executive Director.
- Other Key Internal Relationships: Research, Legal, and Advocacy Team Directors and the Development Team.
- Gain and maintain in-depth working knowledge and understanding of PEARL and its mission, strategic goals, and programs in order to develop persuasive, compelling fundraising materials;
- Research, identify, and assess potential fundraising opportunities for PEARL, including institutional donors; governments, regional organizations, and international organizations; and corporate sponsors in order to diversify and increase our funding;
- In collaboration with the Development Team, create and implement community and individual donation campaigns and drives;
- In collaboration with the program teams, develop and submit grant proposals, including the narrative and budget, to target donors;
- Provide analysis of reasons for PEARL’s fundraising successes and failures, including recommendations on how to improve our grant proposals and consequent success rate; and
- Mentor and capacity-build the Development Team.
- 2021-2023 Fundraising Strategic Plan for PEARL;
- Six-month Fundraising Work Plan identifying and assessing different strategic fundraising opportunities and timelines for engagement;
- Effective grant proposals, including the narrative and budget;
- Recommendations on how to improve PEARL’s grant proposals and in-house fundraising capacities.
- Experience (preferably at least 5 years) in fundraising for international human rights and/or transitional justice work, including identifying funding opportunities and making successful applications to diverse donors;
- Successful track record in securing grants from diverse donors, namely, institutional donors, governments, corporate sponsors, and/or high-net-worth individuals;
- Experience in creating and implementing community and individual donation campaigns and drives;
- Experience and strong knowledge of relevant donor portfolios, priorities, rules, requirements, and principles; and
- Existing, diverse network of contacts and established working relationships across the institutional fundraising sector, particularly donors with international human rights and/or transitional justice portfolios.
- Excellent interpersonal and English written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong ability to work remotely, cross culturally, and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion; and
- Knowledge of tax-efficient giving methods and data protection and privacy regulations regarding donor information.
Please apply by December 20, 2020 by emailing the following:
- 1-page cover letter, indicating your earliest possible start date;
- Full CV;
- Contact information of 3 professional references; and
- List of successful grant proposals, fundraising efforts, amounts received, and your respective role.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org