The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
We are recruiting a Membership & Capacity Building Officer. The successful candidate will work in the Internal Excellence Department and will report to the Membership & Capacity Building Director.
Members support & engagement
- Develop and implement the European Youth Forum Membership Strategy;
- Oversee and contribute to the overall communication and dialogue with Member Organisations;
- Provide guidance and support to the European Youth Forum in how to develop and engage members;
- Maintain a communication and coordination system with membership to further strengthen the platform’s advocacy work;
- Act as a point of contact for all members and prospective members for any membership-related question;
- Support the development of a framework to assess Member Organisations needs and update of their profile;
- Liaise with relevant Secretariat and Board members to ensure involvement and support to Member Organisations;
- Provide input & develop tools to ensure that we can offer our members opportunities for involvement in the Youth Forum’s work.
- Develop and implement capacity-building activities, tools and guidelines for Member Organisations, based on their needs and interests;
- Implement the European Youth Forum capacity building scheme to empower Member Organisations;
- Support the coordination and communication with the Pool of Experts and Trainers, and manage their assignments;
- Support the development of holistic training approaches for the Member Organisations, Board and Secretariat of the European Youth Forum.
- Write content for internal documents and external European Youth Forum publications and other communication channels;
- Draft documents, training concepts reports, work plans, concept notes, working and strategy papers;
- Assist with other projects provided by the European Youth Forum as necessary.
- Previous experience in similar positions (working on membership support, and organising pedagogical activities for variety of groups);
- At least three years of experience in NGO work, particularly in a NGO network/platform and/or youth organisation;
- Experience and competences designing programmes and methodologies for activities and events involving a variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent networking skills and service-oriented with an enthusiasm for helping and supporting members answering their queries;
- Background experience in youth work, particularly in a youth organisation is a strong asset;
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent understanding of the operations of networks of organisations and operating in a youth political environment;
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Ability to understand and identify opportunities in the European and global decision-making processes;
- Ability to lead projects, plan activities, organise events and manage related budget.
- Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines;
- Ability to master new technical and organization concepts and information;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Excellent time-management and organisation skills;
- Excellent written - verbal and good digital communication skills;
- Advanced level in spoken and written English, knowledge of French is a strong asset and in any other EU language is appreciated...;
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications;
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required;
- Ability to live in Belgium...
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org